avanta7: (Totally Bad Ass)
[personal profile] avanta7
Today marks the 18th anniversary of the day I quit drinking. 18 years ago today, I walked into a 30-day lockdown treatment facility, clutching a pillow and the shreds of my dignity. 30 days later, I walked out, a free woman.

Normally I'd write some sort of insightful pithy reflection on sobriety (because I'm all insightful and reflective and pithy like that), but today I'm dealing with multiple ant bites and swollen itchy legs and I just don't feel like it.

Instead, I'll sit over here on the sofa with my legs wrapped in witch hazel soaked towels and be grateful to be alive and sober.

Date: Jul. 26th, 2009 03:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shendoah.livejournal.com
Congratulations Avanta! No words can truly address the accomplishment and your continued achievement. I am proud of you.


(try adding some tea tree oil if you have it to the witch hazel. It'll help with the itching and is an antiseptic)

Date: Jul. 26th, 2009 04:43 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rendiru.livejournal.com
Happy sobriety anniversary!

I hope your legs feel better soon.

Date: Jul. 26th, 2009 05:05 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] florafloraflora.livejournal.com
Hey, congratulations. We're glad you're here too.

Date: Jul. 26th, 2009 05:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] amyleaton.livejournal.com
congratulations! That is such a great thing.

Date: Jul. 26th, 2009 08:15 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mojosmom.livejournal.com
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I am so proud of you!

~ toasts Avanta with a glass of iced tea ~

Date: Jul. 26th, 2009 09:51 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] o-jenny.livejournal.com
Happy anniversary, and may there be many, many more in the years to come.

Date: Jul. 26th, 2009 10:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kairon13.livejournal.com
Congratulations - 18 years is a significant milestone!

Hope the itching eases soon.

Date: Jul. 27th, 2009 04:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] alrescate.livejournal.com
I'm so glad & grateful you are alive and sober as well. Congratulations.

Date: Jul. 27th, 2009 09:41 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] atenea-nike.livejournal.com
I toast you with diet, non-caffeinated coke. I'm very glad that you're alive and sober and I have had the pleasure of knowing you.

Date: Jul. 27th, 2009 09:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] explodingalice.livejournal.com
****super giant hugs****

Love you!

August 2013

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25 262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 16th, 2026 02:46 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios